Except where indicated otherwise, all capitalised terms have the same meaning as defined in our Terms.
(2) Information Collected
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- User Registration: personal information that you provide when registering as a user on the Site including but not limited to your name, date of birth and email address. You may also be required to provide us with your username and/or email address so we are able to respond to any queries you or other users may have. SMP recommends you take great care when choosing your username as it may reveal personal information about you. This information may be available to the general public.
- Site Visits: details of any visits you make to the Site which may include, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data, and the resources that you access or use.
- IP Address and browser Information: we may collect information about your computer, laptop or mobile media device which may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type. Such information helps us to develop the Site and/or App but aggregate information may be reported to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and no individual is identified.
- Cookies: for the same reason, we may also obtain information about your general Internet usage and browsing habits. We may do this by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Please read Section 8 [link to Section 8] for more information on cookies.
- Competitions: we may request additional information if you enter a competition or promotion. Such additional information may include your name, age, gender and other demographic information.
- Records: if you contact us to report an abuse, make a complaint, report a problem with the Site and/or App or for any other reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Surveys: we may provide you with the opportunity to complete surveys that we may use for research purposes. These surveys are optional and you may decide not to respond to them.
- Third Party Products and Services: we do not collect personal information (e.g. credit card numbers and addresses) related to any transaction where you choose to purchase any products or services by clicking on a third party link on the Site and/or App.
(3) Consent and Storage
- The transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure. Although SMP will do its best to protect your personal data and use industry standard procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access by a third party, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site or shared via the App. You accept that transmission of your personal data is done at your own risk.
(4) Information Use
- Non-personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties to help us to introduce, develop and improve the Site, App or for other purposes, such as providing more relevant services and advertisements to users.
- We may use your email address to contact you and send you notifications or information related to the Site and/or App. We may also use your email address for security reasons so that we can verify your identity.
- You may be able to set preferences and control the elements of your personal information which are shared with other users of the Site. If you choose to display personal or other information to other users of the Site or App, you accept that you do so at your own risk. We recommend that you do not share any personal contact information. You can remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device by notifying us at email@example.com.
- SMP may at our sole discretion and without prior notice disclose users' personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are compelled to do so by any law, regulation or other government authority, in order to protect our rights and/or property or the rights and/or property of the general public. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies and where required, may disclose users' personally identifiable information.
(5) Acquisitions and Disposals
We may disclose personal information to third parties if we acquire or dispose of any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or purchaser of such business or assets; or if our assets or a substantial part of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Site and/or App may contain links to and from Third Party Sites or the websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any Third Party Site, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. You should check these policies before you submit any personal data to such Third Party Sites.
If you are under the age of 12, you must ask permission for your parent or guardian before you register. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone who is under the age of 12 or allow them to register as a user of the Site without their parent or guardian's permission. If we become, or are made aware that we have collected personal information from such a person then we will we delete this information including their registered user account. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete all relevant personal information.
Cookies are small files that contain information that is transferred to your computer, laptop or mobile media device's hard drive. They are used by many websites to provide features to their users. They help us to improve our Site and Application to deliver a better and more personalised service and enable us to retrieve your login information quickly. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information provided by users. We also use persistent cookies which stay on your computer, laptop or mobile media device after you have gone offline.
- Certain third party individuals or organisations may be granted access to your personal information (excluding your email address) as a result of agreements between us and our advertising partners. Our partners may use such information for their own purposes, which may be either commercial or non-commercial in nature and which may also include targeted advertising or direct marketing. These third parties may be based in the United Kingdom or abroad (including outside of the EEA).
- We may also transfer statistical or generic trend information about use of the Site and/or App, such as information stored via cookies or statistical information, to advertisers. This information will not identify any individuals.
- For further information, please visit the Internet Advertising Bureau's consumer website http://www.youronlinechoices.co.uk which will provide you with information about how you can opt out from any targeted advertising delivered by IAB member advertising networks.
(10) Changes to this Policy
(11) Contacting Us
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is: ShareMyPlaylists.com Limited
Playlists We Love
Easy Like Sunday Morning
Silky slow jams for the morning after the night before.
Weekly Top 100 Tracks
Every Monday we publish a chart of the Top 100 tracks added to playlists in the previous week
New Dream Pop
An exploration of new artists creating pop with influences and sounds drawn from the dream pop of the late 80s
Music like Daft Punk
Tracks that sound a bit like daft punk to keep you going until the new album comes out!
This Is House Music
The ultimate playlist featuring the best of today's House music. Updated regularly
MAD MEN Essentials
To celebrate the return of Mad Men enjoy this playlist of the most memorable songs from the first 5 seasons
Pitchfork's Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s
Remember when everyone was partying like it was 1999 because it was, in fact, 1999? That was 10 years ago.
2013: The Best Remixes
A continuously updated playlist with the best remixes released on Spotify throughout 2013
Top Hits USA
The top 100 songs in the USA right now. Updated weekly, subscribe for automatic updates
once you INDIE POP you can't stop
Upbeat indie songs, with tracks from Savoir Adore, Alt-J, Peter Bjorn and John, Bastille and many more